Thursday, December 20, 2007

In Medias Res #16- Ho, Ho, Oh Hell No, or 'Almost climbing the walls'



It is holiday season in ‘In Medias Res’ land (as I’m sure it is in your land, since the two frequently overlap). Although our students started leaving last Wednesday it isn’t as if I have had a lack of things to do around here. In fact, these last two weeks have been crazy busy. I’ve had a hand full of student crises come through my office, as well as my semester reports and a grant application to push through (as such this is more of an update than a proper post).
Last weekend we had some snow, and although the weather wasn’t particularly bad for whatever reason all the streets around me were iced over. This, of course, made driving on them especially difficult. So with the exception of a few on foot trips to the market and the dry cleaners I was a bit of a homebody. I cooked. I cleaned. I did spectacular amounts of laundry. (I also watched Dreamgirls on HBO. Decent movie).
In Medias Res will be home for the next week so posting will be spotty at best. I’ll have plenty of access to the internet, I just honestly cannot be bothered with you while I’m on vacation. I love you dear reader. I’m just not in love with you.
On that note, I’m going to cut this one short. Life is interesting, but nothing that you really need to concern yourself with. Back in a few, kids. Keep the home fires burning.

No comments: